Quality CareYOU are the center of attention at Gulf Coast Outpatient Surgery Center!
The Gulf Coast Outpatient Surgery Center provides cost-effective outpatient services using modern, state of the art technology in a friendly and caring environment by highly skilled, compassionate staff serving Biloxi, Mississippi and the surrounding communities.
Our national association, ASCA, is leading the organization to develop industry leading technology, systems, and processes to improve patient safety. Additionally, we have established an internal survey process committed to providing ongoing consultative review of our centers performance within quality standards. These are just few examples of our commitment to providing a broad range of high quality services that meet the growing and changing healthcare needs of our community.
We continually strive to provide excellent quality care in a safe environment. Our organization is involved in the following state and national healthcare quality initiatives and groups:
- AAAHC and CMS Healthcare Quality Alliance
- Association of periOperative Registered Nursing (AORN)
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC)
- American Society of Post Anesthesia Nurses (ASPAN)
- ASC Quality Collaboration
- Mississippi Ambulatory Surgery Center Association (MASCA)
- Ambulatory Surgery Center Association (ASCA)
Within the facility we utilize a healthcare team, the Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QA/PI) Committee, to make improvements in the following areas:
- Quality Patient Care
- Pain Management
- Patient Flow Efficiency
- Medication Safety
- Infection Control
- Patient Satisfaction
- Physician Satisfaction
Multiple areas are monitored to evaluate processes and outcomes.
Some examples include:
- Surgical Appropriateness
- Sterilization of Instruments
- Pre procedure Time-outs
- Medication Administration Safety
- Prevention of Healthcare Acquired Infections